Problems with new "17.4.1.2" headers

Brian Nelson bnelson@cis.ysu.edu
Fri Feb 21 15:55:00 GMT 2003


>Brian Nelson writes:
>
>> I create a generic hello world program, with #include <iostream> and a cout
>> command, and when i compile, I get :
>>
>> hello.cc: In function `int main()':
>> hello.cc:5: `cout' undeclared (first use this function)
>
>you could try std::cout.
>
>Jens-Michael
>

There are lots of ways around it, I was just pointing it out as either a bug or 
some other problem with a solaris build. The user who wants the new gcc already 
has a whole lot of code that uses the 'new' header names, and I'm not going to 
tell him he has to re-code everything around a bug.

OTOH, if it's a build probelem, or some other non-bug thing, I was looking for 
suggestions on how to fix it.


-Brian



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list