Problems with new "17.4.1.2" headers
Brian Nelson
bnelson@cis.ysu.edu
Thu Feb 20 22:45:00 GMT 2003
I am having problems with gcc 3.2.2 and the 17.4.1.2 c++ standard headers. They
don't seem to work.
I create a generic hello world program, with #include <iostream> and a cout
command, and when i compile, I get :
hello.cc: In function `int main()':
hello.cc:5: `cout' undeclared (first use this function)
hello.cc:5: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function
it appears in.)
If i replace the iostream with iostream.h , it compiles fine, but spews out a
warning about antiquated headers. Why don't the new ones work anymore? they
worked fine for me under 2.95.3
BTW, this seems to happen is (at least) 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 (only v3 versions I have
tried.
Happens both with a 3.1.1 package from sunfreeware and a 3.2.2 that i
bootstrapped myself.
BTW, my platform is an ultra 30 w/ solaris8.
Please help!
Thanks!
-Brian
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list