[bug report] no fall back implementation of char_traits<CharT>

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr@integrable-solutions.net
Mon Feb 10 17:00:00 GMT 2003


Martin Sebor <sebor@roguewave.com> writes:

| Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| > Zhang Le <ejoy@peoplemail.com.cn> writes:
| > | Hi all,
| > |    I just find in char_traits.h(gcc 3.2 shipped with rh8) there is no
| > |    fall back implementation for _CharT. Only two explicit
| > specialization |    version for char and wchar_t
| > That is what the C++ standards require.  Please consult the FAQ
| 
| I'm not sure the standard actually _requires_ that there be no
| primary template definition,

What I meant is:  The standard requires only two specializations. 
(That is, I was responding to the last sentence of the original
poster's message).  Sorry, if that wasn't clear. 

We have been through this issue several times in the past, I think the
FAQ should have some record to that effect...

-- Gaby



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list