c/9569: 8 bytes seems to long for long long int

Neil Booth neil@daikokuya.co.uk
Thu Feb 6 06:59:00 GMT 2003


Joseph S. Myers wrote:-

> On 6 Feb 2003, Falk Hueffner wrote:
> 
> > I still don't get it. In C99, this is perfectly legal code, and does
> > what the reporter wants. It is of course documented nowhere, but I
> > would assume that g++ inherits C99's long long semantics if long long
> > is enabled. Why not this part?
> 
> C++98 is stricter than C90 about integer constants.  _Explicitly_ using
> long long is one thing (accepted as an extension by the C++ compiler),
> _implicitly_ using it (by having too large an integer constant without a
> suffix) is another.  The behaviour may or may not be as intended; that's
> for the C++ maintainers to work out.

I suggest the PR be re-opened then.

Neil.



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list