c++/9558: subclass cannot find parent members without explicit "this->" in some cases

Ryan C. Gordon ryan@epicgames.com
Tue Feb 4 02:26:00 GMT 2003


> So, what is right and what is wrong? And what is the "real world" you 
> quote?

Okay, I'll grant that.  :)

After thinking about it, (and based on the initial response of "can we 
add this as a FAQ to non-bugs"), perhaps the problem is in the error 
message more than the behaviour. My assumption was this was a problem in 
the new parser and that it wasn't resolving because something had 
confused it. Is there a way to differentiate between this and a variable 
that absolutely positively does not exist, and issue a different error 
message? I think that would at least stop more incorrect bug reports on 
the issue.

At either rate, sorry to waste your time on this...I'll try to be a 
little more researched in the future.

--ryan.




More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list