machine/ansi.h requirement

Ronald Landheer-Cieslak blytkerchan@users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 25 16:49:00 GMT 2003


When building a bootstrap crossgcc with the following options:

$ ../src/configure --prefix=$PREFIX --target=$TARGET --without-headers \
--with-newlib  --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --disable-shared \
--disable-threads --enable-languages=c                               

the build fails. I need to do
$ cd $PREFIX
$ mkdir -p include/machine
$ touch include/machine/ansi.h
$ cd -
$ make

to get it on going again.

I thought the --without-headers option should remove any need for the 
$PREFIX/include/machine/ansi.h file?

I'm using gcc-3.3.2 sources with binutils-2.14, newlib-cvs and gdb-5.3 to
build a linux-x-freebsd4.7 cross compiler (I have already posted some PRs I
encountered in this setup..)

Is this a bug and, if so, should I file it with bugzilla?

I've looked in the relevant config.h but don't see anything that (obviously)
reflects the --without-headers flag, so I can't quite patch it (yet).

HTH

rlc

-- 
"If you understand what you're doing, you're not learning anything."
		-- A. L.



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list