[Bug target/11901] [3.3 only] set_fpscr isn't PIC even when __PIC__ defined; bad for prelinking, causes glibc-3.2.3 check-textrel test to fail
kkojima at rr dot iij4u dot or dot jp
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Wed Aug 13 04:49:00 GMT 2003
PLEASE REPLY TO gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org ONLY, *NOT* gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org.
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=11901
------- Additional Comments From kkojima at rr dot iij4u dot or dot jp 2003-08-13 04:49 -------
Subject: Re: [3.3 only] set_fpscr isn't PIC even when __PIC__
defined; bad for prelinking, causes glibc-3.2.3 check-textrel test to
fail
> I can't argue with Kaz, he knows his stuff. However,
> anyone building glibc-2.3.2 and running its regression tests
> should expect to fail. I dunno, that sounds kind of critical,
> if only because it gets in the way of regression testing.
I believe that that glibc test is mainly for prelinking. Text
relocation is not so problem in usual sense. You are right if
the prelinking is supported by SH port already. But it's not
the case and we can live with that regression. So it would be
against the rule of changes for 3.3.2.
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list