[Bug c/11892] double to int different if intermediate double used and no optimisation
simon dot marshall at misys dot com
gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Tue Aug 12 14:31:00 GMT 2003
PLEASE REPLY TO gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org ONLY, *NOT* gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org.
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=11892
------- Additional Comments From simon dot marshall at misys dot com 2003-08-12 14:31 -------
Thanks for the quick response. I see that floating-point bugs are frequently
raised and closed against 323.
I'm not 100% sure it is exactly the same but 100% sure that I'm stuck. The
suggestion for 323 is to use -ffloat-store. Unfortunately, for this problem it
actually makes things worse (when used with optimisation) and makes no
difference (when used without optimisation). It also suggests to change the fp
rounding mode, but the gcc info doesn't seem to mention anything for that with
x86.
The M$ compiler has no problem with my code. How does it do it? How can I
make gcc do it? If there is no way to make gcc do it, then surely it is a bug
or at least a missing feature?
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list