[Bug target/11331] [3.4 Regression] ld: BFD 2.14.90 20030602 internal error

dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Sat Aug 9 19:08:00 GMT 2003


PLEASE REPLY TO gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org ONLY, *NOT* gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org.

http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=11331



------- Additional Comments From dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca  2003-08-09 19:08 -------
Subject: Re:  [3.4 Regression] ld: BFD 2.14.90 20030602 inte

> PLEASE REPLY TO gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org ONLY, *NOT* gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org.
> 
> http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=11331
> 
> 
> pinskia at gcc dot gnu dot org changed:
> 
>            What    |Removed                     |Added
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>             Summary|[Regression 3.4] ld: BFD    |[3.4 Regression] ld: BFD
>                    |2.14.90 20030602 internal   |2.14.90 20030602 internal
>                    |error                       |error
> 
> 
> ------- Additional Comments From pinskia at gcc dot gnu dot org  2003-08-09
> 16:51 -------
> Does this still exists on the mainline any more?

I guess this is now fixed.  The hppa-linux port is bootstrapping again.
I fixed a typo in pa_asm_output_mi_thunk this morning which caused a
problem on hppa2.0-hp-hpux11.11.

We now use alternate call sequences to work around the linker problem.
The length returned by attr_length_call in pa.c still does not reflect
reality and needs more work.  So far, the thunk/call rewrite has taken
about three weeks work and I'm not sure what we have is correct yet.
I'm thinking we should be using `(*targetm.binds_local_p)' to check
for local calls.  Currently, I'm just checking TREE_PUBLIC.

Dave



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list