[Bug c/11758] New: overriding tmpnam() on gcc 3.2.2 - redhat 9/ 'tmpnam is dangerous, better use mkstemp'

bsellers16 at cox dot net gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org
Fri Aug 1 06:32:00 GMT 2003


PLEASE REPLY TO gcc-bugzilla@gcc.gnu.org ONLY, *NOT* gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org.

http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=11758

           Summary: overriding tmpnam() on gcc 3.2.2 - redhat 9/ 'tmpnam is
                    dangerous, better use mkstemp'
           Product: gcc
           Version: 3.2.2
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P2
         Component: c
        AssignedTo: unassigned at gcc dot gnu dot org
        ReportedBy: bsellers16 at cox dot net
                CC: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org

I am running Redhat 9, trying to compile gnewspost-0.6, and I get an error that
causes it to fail compilation.  I have reported this to the developer to fix. 
It is failing on a line:

fname = g_strdup(tmpnam(NULL));

with the error:

gcc -g -o gnewspost -L/usr/lib -lgthread -lglib -lpthread gnewspost.o app.o
newspost.o session.o prefs.o profile.o -rdynamic -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib
-rdynamic -lgnomeui -lart_lgpl -lgdk_imlib -lSM -lICE -lgtk -lgdk -lgmodule -ldl
-lXi -lXext -lX11 -lgnome -lgnomesupport -lesd -laudiofile -lm -lglib -lpthread
session.o(.text+0x18dc): In function `_make_zero_file':
/home/sellers/software/gnewspost-0.6/src/session.c:450: the use of `tmpnam' is
dangerous, better use `mkstemp'
session.o(.text+0x190d):/home/sellers/software/gnewspost-0.6/src/session.c:452:
undefined reference to `errno'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [gnewspost] Error 1

How can I override the error, so I can compile this code?  I tried -w and
several other flags.  TIA.



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list