[tree-ssa] Bootstrap fails with undefined reference to find_reachable_lable

Diego Novillo dnovillo@redhat.com
Fri Apr 25 00:06:00 GMT 2003


On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 16:06, law@redhat.com wrote:
> In message <1051213400.15231.85.camel@frodo.toronto.redhat.com>, Diego Novillo 
> writes:
>  >On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 15:17, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>  >> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>  >> Hash: SHA1
>  >> 
>  >> 
>  >> bootstrap of current tree-ssa fails on i686-linux-gnu for me with:
>  >>
>  >Ah, yes.  I've got a local fix that I still haven't flushed out.  Why is
>  >it that treelang uses parts of the C front end, but not all?  It's quite
>  >annoying and easy to break.
> You're kidding, right?  [ Clearly you're not, but I couldn't think of a
> better way to express my surprise that something used c-simplify, but
> did not use c-semantics. ]
> 
I wish I was :(  It may be a misunderstanding on my side, but I have
seen function duplication in treelang/treetree.c that merely call
abort.  Previously I had to fix other link errors for treelang's front
end that essentially did the same thing: create an empty function in
treetree.c.

> This is a problem with treelang's implementation that the treelang folks
> really need to fix.
> 
There was a thread discussing this issue recently:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2003-03/msg01444.html

Perhaps treelang should be changed to use language hooks or generate
GIMPLE or ... something, I don't know.


Diego.



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list