target/8366: sparc-sun-solaris2.7 C testsuite failure w/-m64 -fpic -O in execute/loop-2d.c

Kaveh R. Ghazi ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu
Mon Oct 28 18:06:00 GMT 2002


 > From: Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.com>
 > 
 > Do we have any reports of this testcase working for 64-bit sparc
 > and any release?

In addition to the 3.2 and 3.1.1 releases, I also just tried GCC 3.0.4
on sparcv9 and still got the error.  (Regular sparc bi-arch is
disabled in 3.0.4, so I couldn't try plain sparc with -m64.)  I also
tried 2.95 but couldn't get sparcv9 to build there.

I'm content with this PR not being a "regression" and thus getting
less attention.  However our release criteria state that we will test
with PIC flags too.  See http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.1/criteria.html
under "Regresstion Tests".  I offer the report and the sparc
maintainers can decide if it warrants pursuing in 3.2.x or later on
the trunk.  I'm fine with whatever they decide.

		--Kaveh

PS: Minor note, we don't have any updated 3.2.x or 3.3 criteria AFAICT.

--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list