c++/57: [parser] templates in default arguments

Nathan Sidwell nathan@codesourcery.com
Thu Oct 24 00:56:00 GMT 2002


Wolfgang Bangerth wrote:
>>>     void foo (int = A<T, U>::n) { }
>>>---------------------------------------------
>>>In the default argument parsing, there's a "," not nested inside 
>>>parentheses. This stops default argument parsing. If you agree, then this 
>>>report should be closed.
>>
>>FWIW Comeau accepts it in strict conforming mode.
> 
> 
> I think I recall there was a defect report about this, but I can't seem to
> find it anymore, and I also don't recall whether it was resolved either
> way or other ...
325. http://anubis.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/cwg_active.html#325
I'm surprised comeau accepts your example, Neil, because I experimented
with the EDG frontend too.

nathan

-- 
Dr Nathan Sidwell   ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::   CodeSourcery LLC
          'But that's a lie.' - 'Yes it is. What's your point?'
nathan@codesourcery.com : http://www.cs.bris.ac.uk/~nathan/ : nathan@acm.org




More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list