c/7344: performance regression on huge case statements
Daniel Berlin
dberlin@dberlin.org
Thu Oct 10 19:08:00 GMT 2002
On Thursday, October 10, 2002, at 10:04 PM, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-
> trail&database=gcc&pr=7344
>
> I'm tired of investigating this, but it seems likely that the problem
> was introduced with the introduction of et-forest.c, since that's
> where the loop is. This was introduced by Pavel Nejedly and committed
> to mainline by Jan Hubicka (along with most of the surrounding code).
>
> (So that's why I'm ccing you; it looks like you caused it, so maybe
> you can figure out how to fix it. :-/)
>
As I mentioned, this is likely a known problem, with a known fix.
Jan, if you don't have plans to make it constant time soon, i suggest
we cache the info using the patch that is on the tree-ssa branch.
> --Nathanael
>
>
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list