optimization/6822: GCC 3.1.1 - Internal compiler error in extract_insn, at recog.c:2132

Glen Nakamura glen@imodulo.com
Tue May 28 17:36:00 GMT 2002


On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 01:29:35AM +0200, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> May I suggest you to add thorough cross-comments to the code ? I see you did
> so for the second optimization and I think it would be nice to do it for the
> first one too (saying that the current location of the optimization causes
> the second one to be altered).

I'll add a few comments and post an updated patch...

> It looks like this doesn't fit with the GCC policy on the matter, but it
> could also be worth leaving the original code inside an #if 0/#endif or a
> comment.

Hmm, I suppose we could just leave the original code intact.  I couldn't
think of a case when it would actually be reached, but it's not a
lot of code and maybe I overlooked something.  Anyway, in the future,
perhaps changes in the folding code will expose those cases?

- Glen Nakamura



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list