target/5851: tmp-dum.c:2: Internal error: Segmentation fault

Richard Henderson rth@redhat.com
Sat Mar 30 17:35:00 GMT 2002


[ Please try to avoid sending html mail.  It doesn't come out well once it
  gets frobbed by gnats, and it gets black-holed by my spam filters.  ]

On Sun, Mar 31, 2002 at 12:16:01AM -0000, Stefaan De Roeck wrote:
> May I ask what version of binutils you use?  With 2.9.1 I get some kind
> of "Unknown pseudo-op: '.section'" when assembling _muldi3.o, with the
> latest release or the cvs I get errors when compiling the assembler for
> alpha-vms. (I tried gcc-20020325, I hope that's what you meant with 3.1
> prerelease...)

Yes, that's what I meant by 3.1 prerelease.

As yet, I'm not using *any* version of binutils.  If the compiler
itself is segfaulting (as you reported) I don't need to.

So: was the original problem a crash in the compiler or elsewhere?


r~



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list