gcov crashes
Jindrich Kubec
kubecj@asw.cz
Thu Mar 7 05:18:00 GMT 2002
Problem: gcov crashes on one of the files
Compiler: gcc version 2.95.3-5 (cygwin special), gcov 1.5
Platform: Windows 2000, cygwin, out of the box (binaries, no patches/custom
build)
Description:
I'm compiling all sources with these options:
-c -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fvtable-thunks -fverbose-asm -Wall
-Wno-format --save-temps -finline -finline-functions
-fno-keep-inline-functions -Winline -fbuiltin -mcpu=i386
-mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -g -pg -ax -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage
I'm getting *.bb, *.bbg and after I run the executable, also *.da files.
I'm running gcov filename (no suffix). It works on all files, except for
one where it immediately crashes: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION.
Source file need not be present for this bug to happen. I could send you
*.bb, *.bbg, *.da files for you to check, but not the *.cpp, sorry. (Also
*.da file is not needed for bug to appear).
Any hints?
I tried to isolate the problem by commenting out portions of the code, but
it gave me rather unpredictable results - sometimes it crashed, sometimes
not, sometimes it reported unexpected EOF.
Jindroush (kubecj@asw.cz)
http://jindroush.atari.org - Home of Atari Cartridge Dumping Project.
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list