libstdc++/5396: ifstream read()'s data multiple times on Solaris
Craig Rodrigues
rodrigc@attbi.com
Sat Apr 20 05:47:00 GMT 2002
http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gcc&pr=5396
Submitted by jakub@unthought.net:
On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 07:58:11AM -0400, Andras Pataki wrote:
> Last week I investigated the problem I was experiencing some more and
> found a solution. We installed a Solaris linker patch (as part of a
> larger patch set) which seems to have solved the problem for me.
>
> Here are the patch numbers for the various versions of Solaris. It's
> worth giving a try:
> 103627 - Solaris 2.5.1
> 107733 - Solaris 2.6
> 106950 - Solaris 7
> 109147 - Solaris 8
>
Great ! Thanks, I will give this a try over the weekend.
So far I have solved the problem by simple changing the structure of
the exceptions that I throw.
Previously, the exception that caused the problem was a class inherited
from another class, again inherited from a base. By only throwing
exceptions
inherited directly from the base, the problem disappears.
Thanks,
/ jakob
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list