libgcj/6092: sparc-sun-solaris2.7 gcc-3.1 has hundreds of libjava failures with -m64

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Fri Apr 19 18:57:00 GMT 2002


>>>>> "rth" == rth  <rth@gcc.gnu.org> writes:

rth>     Dave sez libffi for sparc64 is borked.
    
This is a GC problem, not a libffi problem.  The boehm-gc gctest
program crashes in the same way as every java program; also a libffi
problem wouldn't show itself as a systematic failure of all the
libjava execute tests (most programs never use libffi).

rth>     I disbelieve this is a regression, so I've downgraded
rth>     priority to medium.

I don't think it is a regression either.  However, that leaves us in
the odd situation where we build a compiler where the -m32 libraries
work and the -m64 ones do not.  This is why I had left it as high
priority.  That said, it isn't clear I'll actually be able to finish
debugging this before the deadline, either.

Tom



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list