ppc linux boostrap failure (Was: [patches] Fixes for the libjava failure)

Jan Hubicka jh@suse.cz
Sun Sep 2 09:47:00 GMT 2001


> On Sunday 02 September 2001 18:29, Anthony Green wrote:
> > Jan wrote:
> > > Actually I've fixed the problem, if I remember correctly, but forgot to
> > > send the patch.  Can you try the attached one?
> > > In case it won't work I will try to fix it overnight.
> >
> > This patch doesn't fix the problem.  This powerpc Linux boostrap failure
> > has been around for over a month now, so anything you can do would be
> > great!
> 
> It's fixed (thanks Jan!!) by 
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2001-08/msg01666.html and OK'ed by Richard, 
> but not checked in yet,. The tree seems to be in good state now for PPC 

I've just checked in the patch minute ago.
I really apaologize for the extreme delay - it wasn't intentional (my life is
extremly hectic). Next time don't hesitate to teach your cron script to send me
reminder every 5 minutes :)

> again, the only additional FAIL I see now is:
> 
> FAIL: gcc.misc-tests/gcov-3.c gcov: 4:is 2:should be 1                        

Also my activity - I am shooting the problem right now
The problem is harmless - the data are correct (in fact more correct than
previously) and just gets improperly visualized by gcov, as gcc manages
to missunderstand line number notes.

Honza
> 
> Looks like it may be related to the basic-block changes, but it is harmless 
> for now.
> 
> Franz.



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list