bootstrap/4644: stage2 g++ internal compiler error (#536854048)

matthes@tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de matthes@tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
Mon Oct 22 06:56:00 GMT 2001


>Number:         4644
>Category:       bootstrap
>Synopsis:       stage2 g++ internal compiler error (#536854048)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Priority:       medium
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Mon Oct 22 06:56:01 PDT 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Michael Matthes
>Release:        3.0.2 (20011014)
>Organization:
>Environment:
alphaev56-dec-osf5.0
>Description:
/tmp_mnt/local/pkg/gcc/3.0.2pre/DECalpha.obj2/gcc/xgcc -B/tmp_mnt/local/pkg/gcc/3.0.2pre/DECalpha.obj2/gcc/ -nostdinc++ -L/tmp_mnt/local/pkg/gcc/3.0.2pre/DECalpha.obj2/alphaev56-dec-osf5.0/libstdc++-v3/src -L/tmp_mnt/local/pkg/gcc/3.0.2pre/DECalpha.obj2/alphaev56-dec-osf5.0/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs -B/local/pkg/gcc/3.0.2pre/DECalpha/alphaev56-dec-osf5.0/bin/ -B/local/pkg/gcc/3.0.2pre/DECalpha/alphaev56-dec-osf5.0/lib/ -isystem /local/pkg/gcc/3.0.2pre/DECalpha/alphaev56-dec-osf5.0/include -c -g -O2 -mieee conftest.C
<internal>:0: Internal error #536854048.
<internal>:0: Internal compiler error in , at :536854032

####

First: I compiled the gcc with the native compiler (Compaq Tru64 UNIX V5.0A (Rev. 1094))
Second: I used the resulting gcc to compile gcc and g++
Error: compiler outputs an internal compiler error at stage 2 when the configure script for the libstdc++-v3 
tries to evaluate the current compiler version (that means: make bootstrap told me to upgrade to version 3.0;
I compiled the configure test programm manually and got the internal error message).
>How-To-Repeat:
<---confdefs.h--->
#define PACKAGE "libstdc++"
#define VERSION "3.0.0"
</--confdefs.h--->

<---conftest.C--->
#line 2586 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

int main() {

  #if __GNUC__ < 3
    not_ok
  #endif
  
; return 0; }
</--conftest.C--->
>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list