No bootstrap on Solaris

Jeff Sturm jsturm@one-point.com
Fri Oct 12 13:14:00 GMT 2001


On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Martin Kahlert wrote:
> > Try the above without -g.  It looks like a problem assembling .stabs, at
> > least in my case.  If that works, you might try to configure using
> > `--with-dwarf2'.
> Leaving out -g doesn't work either. Only omitting -m64 does the trick.

Perhaps you don't have 64-bit Solaris libs installed?  You'd find them in
/usr/lib/sparcv9.  The error message you originally posted indicated a
32-bit libdl.so.

> Yes. But i always thought, only multiprocessor machines are run with a 64 bit
> kernel. All other machines run 32bit kernels by default
> (but perhaps they can be changed to 64 bit mode, too).
> I do not have a clue about these issues.

I don't know about the kernel.  But you need sparcv9 shared libs.  Here is
what I have:

$ gcc -m64 hello.c -o hello
$ file hello
hello:          ELF 64-bit MSB executable SPARCV9 Version 1, dynamically
linked, not stripped
$ ldd hello
        libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/sparcv9/libc.so.1
        libdl.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/sparcv9/libdl.so.1
        /usr/platform/SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi-Engine/lib/sparcv9/libc_psr.so.1

These may belong to optional OS packages.

Jeff



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list