BUG!! gcc-2.95.3 (`__builtin_va_alist' undeclared in snprintf()) on Solaris-2.5.1
Auteria Wally Winzer Jr.
wally.winzer@ChampUSA.COM
Sat May 26 13:32:00 GMT 2001
Is it possible gcc-2.95.3 is broken? It seems so.
Here's output using the "-H" option to gcc
(NOTE: this problem doesn't exist w/ 2.95.2):
gcc -H -c -I. -I../dist/../include -I../dist/../include_auto -D_REENTRANT -O6
../dist/../clib/snprintf.c
db_config.h
/usr/include/sys/types.h
/usr/include/sys/feature_tests.h
/usr/include/sys/isa_defs.h
/usr/include/sys/machtypes.h
/usr/include/sys/select.h
/usr/include/sys/time.h
/usr/include/sys/types.h
/usr/include/time.h
/usr/include/sys/time.h
/usr/include/sys/siginfo.h
/usr/include/sys/machsig.h
/usr/include/sys/time.h
/usr/include/stdio.h
/usr/include/sys/va_list.h
db_int.h
db.h
/usr/include/stdarg.h
/usr/include/errno.h
/usr/include/sys/errno.h
../dist/../include/queue.h
../dist/../include/shqueue.h
../dist/../include/debug.h
../dist/../include/mutex.h
/usr/include/thread.h
/usr/include/sys/signal.h
/usr/include/sys/unistd.h
/usr/include/synch.h
/usr/include/sys/machlock.h
/usr/include/sys/synch.h
../dist/../include/region.h
../dist/../include_auto/mutex_ext.h
../dist/../include_auto/env_ext.h
../dist/../include/os.h
../dist/../include_auto/os_ext.h
../dist/../include_auto/common_ext.h
In file included from ../dist/../clib/snprintf.c:15:
/usr/include/sys/types.h:34: warning: empty declaration
/usr/include/sys/types.h:170: warning: empty declaration
/usr/include/sys/types.h:181: warning: empty declaration
/usr/include/sys/types.h:185: warning: empty declaration
../dist/../clib/snprintf.c: In function `__db_Csnprintf':
../dist/../clib/snprintf.c:47: `__builtin_va_alist' undeclared (first use in this function)
../dist/../clib/snprintf.c:47: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
../dist/../clib/snprintf.c:47: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [snprintf.o] Error 1
Maybe during the compilation fixincludes failed. Is there another way of
fixing the includes during compilation of 2.95.3?
- Wally Winzer Jr.
Martin Sebor wrote:
> Carlo Wood wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, May 26, 2001 at 02:40:46AM -0700, Auteria Wally Winzer Jr. wrote:
> > > I finally got gcc-2.95.3 compiled on Solaris-2.5.1 (fully-patched).
> > > When trying to compile sendmail and BerkeleyDB I get errors from
> > > snprintf(). Here's the errors:
> > >
> > > sendmail-8.11.3:
> > >
> > > gcc -O6 -I. -I../../sendmail -I../../include -I/usr/local/include -DNEWDB
> > > -DNIS -DNISPLUS -DMAP_REGEX -DAUTO_NIS_ALIASES -DTCPWRAPPERS -DSOLARIS=20501
> > > -DNOT_SENDMAIL -c -o snprintf.o snprintf.c
> > > snprintf.c: In function `snprintf':
> > > snprintf.c:70: `__builtin_va_alist' undeclared (first use in this function)
> >
> > Is sendmail accidently including varargs.h? Or is it using va_list without
> > including <stdarg.h>? The best way to check this is by editting those files
> > (as root) and adding a line #warning "We get here!" to them (or #error
> > in the case of <varargs.h> to the top. Be sure to use the correct header
> > files, they should be in a directory like <prefix>/lib/gcc-lib/<triplet>/2.95.3/include/
>
> That's hardly the best way if you don't have root privileges or if you
> are on a multiuser system. A better approach would be to use -c -H and
> grep the result for the files you're looking for. -E is also an option
> if you're using a compiler other than gcc.
>
> Regards
> Martin
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 2630 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-bugs/attachments/20010526/63494a50/attachment.obj>
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list