i486-linux-glibc1 Bootstrap failure in 3.0

David Ronis ronis@ronispc.chem.mcgill.ca
Mon Jun 25 18:53:00 GMT 2001


A bootstrap build on an i486-linux(2.2.17)-glibc1(5.4.46) fails in
libgcc.  I configured as:

./configure --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --prefix=/usr --enable-shared
	    --disable-nls --disable-libgcj --enable-languages=c++,f77

and had CFLAGS (in the environment before configure) set to:

-O3 -march=i486 -ffast-math -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer
    -fforce-mem -fforce-addr

Here are some relevant version numbers:

		Gnu C                  2.95.3
		Binutils               2.11.2
		Linux C Library        5.4.46
		Dynamic Linker (ld.so) 1.9.9
		Linux C++ Library      27.2.8

Here's the last part of the log:

./xgcc -B./ -B/usr/i486-pc-linux-gnulibc1/bin/ -isystem
       /usr/i486-pc-linux-gnulibc1/include -O2 -DIN_GCC -DUSE_GNULIBC_1 -W
       -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
       -isystem ./include -fPIC -g1 -DIN_LIBGCC2 -D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED
       -I. -I. -I. -I./. -I./config -I./../include -fexceptions -c
       ./unwind-dw2.c -o libgcc/./unwind-dw2.o

unwind-dw2.c: In function `extract_cie_info':
unwind-dw2.c:219: warning: implicit declaration of function `strlen'
unwind-dw2.c: In function `execute_stack_op':
unwind-dw2.c:300: warning: `result' might be used uninitialized in this function
unwind-dw2.c: In function `uw_frame_state_for':
unwind-dw2.c:886: warning: implicit declaration of function `memset'
unwind-dw2.c:897: structure has no member named `uc_mcontext'
unwind-dw2.c:897: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
unwind-dw2.c:897: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
unwind-dw2.c:897: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
unwind-dw2.c:897: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
unwind-dw2.c:897: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
unwind-dw2.c:897: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
unwind-dw2.c:897: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
unwind-dw2.c:897: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
unwind-dw2.c:897: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
unwind-dw2.c:897: warning: `new_cfa_' might be used uninitialized in this function
unwind-dw2.c: In function `uw_install_context_1':
unwind-dw2.c:1103: warning: implicit declaration of function `memcpy'
make[3]: *** [libgcc/./unwind-dw2.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/misc/montroll/home/ronis/gcc-3.0/gcc'
make[2]: *** [libgcc.a] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/misc/montroll/home/ronis/gcc-3.0/gcc'
make[1]: *** [stage1_build] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/misc/montroll/home/ronis/gcc-3.0/gcc'

Note that the warnings about memcpy and strlen are strange, the latter
is defined in the installed string.h.

David



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list