c++/3354: Internal compiler error while compiling ORBIX 3.3 CORBA code

bert.laverman@ps.net bert.laverman@ps.net
Thu Jun 21 19:46:00 GMT 2001


>Number:         3354
>Category:       c++
>Synopsis:       Internal compiler error while compiling ORBIX 3.3 CORBA code
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Priority:       medium
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          ice-on-legal-code
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Jun 21 19:46:01 PDT 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Bert Laverman
>Release:        gcc version 2.95.3-4 (cygwin special)
>Organization:
>Environment:
Windows NT4.0/5.0, cygwin 1.3, Orbix 3.3 for C++ on NT
>Description:
$ make
g++ -I../../include -I/cygdrive/c/WIN32APP/Tools/Iona/include -g -Wall -c ConfigServer.cpp
In file included from /cygdrive/c/WIN32APP/Tools/Iona/include/corba/PreCORBA.h:122,
                 from /cygdrive/c/WIN32APP/Tools/Iona/include/CORBA.h:22,
                 from ConfigServer.h:27,
                 from ConfigServer.cpp:5:
/usr/include/w32api/winsock2.h:96: warning: #warning "fd_set and associated macros have been defined in sys/types.      This may cause runtime problems with W32 sockets"
In file included from /cygdrive/c/WIN32APP/Tools/Iona/include/CORBA.h:22,
                 from ConfigServer.h:27,
                 from ConfigServer.cpp:5:
/cygdrive/c/WIN32APP/Tools/Iona/include/corba/PreCORBA.h:111: warning: ignoring pragma:
In file included from /cygdrive/c/WIN32APP/Tools/Iona/include/CORBA.h:49,
                 from ConfigServer.h:27,
                 from ConfigServer.cpp:5:
/cygdrive/c/WIN32APP/Tools/Iona/include/corba/PseudoIDL.h:419: Internal compiler error.
/cygdrive/c/WIN32APP/Tools/Iona/include/corba/PseudoIDL.h:419: Please submit a full bug report.
/cygdrive/c/WIN32APP/Tools/Iona/include/corba/PseudoIDL.h:419: See <URL: http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html > for instructions.

The second warning has to do with the FD_SETSIZE:
---PreCORBA.h:110-117
 #if defined(FD_SETSIZE) && FD_SETSIZE < 1024
#pragma message ("\nWarning: Orbix wants an fd_set of size 1024 or greater \n \
Please include CORBA.h before winsock2.h\n")
 #else
  #ifndef FD_SETSIZE
   #define FD_SETSIZE 1024
  #endif 
 #endif
---
The ICE occurs at:
---PseudoIDL.h:414-420

static ITDECLSPEC void IT_CALL_SPEC
release
(
	NamedValue_ptr obj,
	Environment& = IT_chooseDefaultEnv()
);
---

I know Iona doesn't support gcc on NT for Orbix 3.3, but an Internal Compiler Error??? I would love to be able to use gcc rather than VC.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list