libgcj/2737: User-defined thrown exception is not found

jddahl jddahl@micron.com
Wed Jun 20 09:14:00 GMT 2001


I have switched boxes and am still getting the same error.  Now I'm on:
SunOS 5.6 Generic_105181-25 sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-20
I have compiled the latest release, GCC 3.0
This is the error:
/usr/usr3/jddahl/jcc/bin/gcj --encoding=UTF-8
-I/u/jddahl/java/objects_solaris/test/core -MD -o
/u/jddahl/java/objects_solaris/test/core/LotNumber.o
/u/jddahl/java/sources/test/core/LotNumber.java
/u/jddahl/java/sources/test/core/LotNumber.java:28: Class
`InitializationException' not found in `throws'.
       public LotNumber( String lot ) throws InitializationException

I'm -I'ing the current directory which contains the exception.  Why is class
'InitializationException' not found in 'throws'?  InitializationException is
in the same directory, not in 'throws'?  Obviously I'm missing something.
Thanks for your help.

Jeff Dahl

-----Original Message-----
From: tromey@gcc.gnu.org [ mailto:tromey@gcc.gnu.org ]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 5:10 PM
To: gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org; gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org; java-prs@gcc.gnu.org;
jddahl@micron.com; nobody@gcc.gnu.org; tromey@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: libgcj/2737: User-defined thrown exception is not found


Synopsis: User-defined thrown exception is not found

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->tromey
Responsible-Changed-By: tromey
Responsible-Changed-When: Thu Jun  7 16:10:11 2001
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    I'm looking at it.
State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: tromey
State-Changed-When: Thu Jun  7 16:10:11 2001
State-Changed-Why:
    I couldn't reproduce this with the current gcc 3.0 branch.
    I tried making a couple of .java files: one an exception
    and one that tries to throw that exception from its
    constructor (like your example).
    Both classes were in the default package.
    I tried building these classes both from the directory
    they were in, and also in another directory using `-I'.
    Both times it worked fine.
    
    Can you give me more information that would help me
    be able to reproduce the bug?  The best way would be
    if you had a couple of small, self-contained files that
    I could unpack, plus instructions for how to see the
    problem.
    Thanks.

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=2737&database=gcc



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list