bootstrap/3236

Joseph S. Myers jsm28@cam.ac.uk
Wed Jun 20 04:33:00 GMT 2001


On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Zack Weinberg wrote:

> I agree this is confusing.  It's also inaccurate; the second paragraph
> is true whether or not you are using CVS.

The point of referring to CVS is that checking out from CVS will check out 
into a "gcc" directory rather than a gcc-version directory.

> # % cd *objdir*
> # % ../*srcdir*/configure [target] [options]
> 
> to emphasize that *objdir* and *srcdir* must be entirely separate.

Both relative and absolute paths for srcdir ought to work.

> I would send a patch but I do not know where the master copy of this
> file lives or how to update all of its children.

gcc/doc/install.texi on mainline (which should probably be merged to the
branch when the branch reopens), online version generated by
update_web_docs run from cron.

-- 
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list