bootstrap/3156: gthr-default.h:424: `pthread_key_delete' undeclared

dave.anglin@nrc.ca dave.anglin@nrc.ca
Tue Jun 12 20:56:00 GMT 2001


>Number:         3156
>Category:       bootstrap
>Synopsis:       gthr-default.h:424: `pthread_key_delete' undeclared
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Priority:       medium
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Jun 12 20:56:00 PDT 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Dave Anglin
>Release:        gcc 3.0 prerelease
>Organization:
>Environment:
hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20
>Description:
/xxx/gnu/gcc-3.0/objdir/gcc/xgcc -B/xxx/gnu/gcc-3.0/objdir/gcc/ -nostdinc++ -L/xxx/gnu/gcc-3.0/objdir/hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20/threads/libstdc++-v3/src -L/xxx/gnu/gcc-3.0/objdir/hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20/threads/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs -B/usr/local/h ppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20/bin/ -B/usr/local/hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20/lib/ -isystem /usr/lo cal/hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20/include -threads -I../../../../../libstdc++-v3/../gcc -I../../../../../libstdc++-v3/../include -I../../../../../libstdc++-v3/include -I../../../../../libstdc++-v3/include/std -I../../../../../libstdc++-v3/include/c_ std -I../include -I../../../../../libstdc++-v3/libsupc++ -g -O2 -threads -fno-im plicit-templates -Wall -Wno-format -W -Wwrite-strings -Winline -fdiagnostics-sho w-location=once -g -c ../../../../../libstdc++-v3/libsupc++/eh_alloc.cc  -fPIC -DPIC -o eh_alloc.o
In file included from ../include/bits/gthr.h:98,
                 from ../../../../../libstdc++-v3/libsupc++/eh_alloc.cc:39:
../include/bits/gthr-default.h: In function `int __gthread_key_delete(int)':
../include/bits/gthr-default.h:424: `pthread_key_delete' undeclared (first use
   this function)
../include/bits/gthr-default.h:424: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
   only once for each function it appears in.)

This error is fault out from the recent v3 changes which
now use the GTHREAD implementation.  However, the problem
lies in gthr-dce.h which incorrectly uses pthread_key_delete.
This function is not available in the HP DCE thread implementation.
>How-To-Repeat:
Configure: --enable-threads --with-gnu-as --enable-shared
>Fix:
See
< http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2001-06/msg00879.html >.
>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list