bootstrap/3147: arm-elf and arm-rtems unbuildable on 3.0 branch
joel@OARcorp.com
joel@OARcorp.com
Tue Jun 12 14:56:00 GMT 2001
>Number: 3147
>Category: bootstrap
>Synopsis: arm-elf and arm-rtems unbuildable on 3.0 branch
>Confidential: no
>Severity: serious
>Priority: high
>Responsible: unassigned
>State: open
>Class: sw-bug
>Submitter-Id: net
>Arrival-Date: Tue Jun 12 14:56:01 PDT 2001
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator: joel@OARcorp.com
>Release: gcc 3.0-20010527
>Organization:
>Environment:
GNU/Linux x86 (RedHat 6.2) targetting both arm-elf
and arm-rtems
>Description:
Both fail during initial tool build with this:
/usr3/ftp_archive/gnu/gcc/ss/b/b-arm/gcc/xgcc -B/usr3/ftp_archive/gnu/gcc/ss/b/b
-arm/gcc/ -nostdinc -B/usr3/ftp_archive/gnu/gcc/ss/b/b-arm/arm-rtems/newlib/ -is
ystem /usr3/ftp_archive/gnu/gcc/ss/b/b-arm/arm-rtems/newlib/targ-include -isyste
m /usr3/ftp_archive/gnu/gcc/ss/b/gcc-3.0-20010527/newlib/libc/include -B/opt/rte
ms/arm-rtems/bin/ -B/opt/rtems/arm-rtems/lib/ -isystem /opt/rtems/arm-rtems/incl
ude -O2 -I../../gcc-3.0-20010527/gcc/../newlib/libc/sys/rtems/include -DCROSS_CO
MPILE -DIN_GCC -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototy
pes -isystem ./include -Dinhibit_libc -fno-inline -g1 -DHAVE_GTHR_DEFAULT -DIN_
LIBGCC2 -D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED -Dinhibit_libc -I. -I. -I../../gcc-3.0-20010527
/gcc -I../../gcc-3.0-20010527/gcc/. -I../../gcc-3.0-20010527/gcc/config -I../../
gcc-3.0-20010527/gcc/../include -mthumb -DL_muldi3 -c ../../gcc-3.0-20010527/gc
c/libgcc2.c -o libgcc/thumb/_muldi3.o
/tmp/ccNuRMlh.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccNuRMlh.s:23: Error: Garbage following instruction
/tmp/ccNuRMlh.s:24: Error: Garbage following instruction
/tmp/ccNuRMlh.s:25: Error: dest and source1 one must be the same register
/tmp/ccNuRMlh.s:26: Error: Bad arguments to instruction
/tmp/ccNuRMlh.s:27: Error: Bad arguments to instruction
/tmp/ccNuRMlh.s:28: Error: Bad arguments to instruction
/tmp/ccNuRMlh.s:29: Error: dest and source1 one must be the same register
/tmp/ccNuRMlh.s:30: Error: dest and source1 one must be the same register
/tmp/ccNuRMlh.s:31: Error: bad instruction `adds r4,lr,r4'
/tmp/ccNuRMlh.s:32: Error: bad instruction `addcs r7,r7,#65536'
>How-To-Repeat:
Try to build cross toolset for m68k-elf with this gcc
configure command
../gcc-3.0-20010527/configure --target=arm-elf --prefix=/usr1/tmp-tools
--with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --with-newlib
>Fix:
Unknown. I suspect that using binutils 2.11 rather than 2.10
might get around this. But generally binutils 2.11 is broken
on other platforms that have RTEMS targets so it is not in use
yet.
>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list