Close PR/1820, PR/2438, PR/1059 and (conditionally) PR/2287
Nicola Pero
nicola@brainstorm.co.uk
Wed Jun 6 04:40:00 GMT 2001
I reviewed the outstanding, open objc bugs - I know most of them are
actually the same bug, which is the protocol bug which has been recently
fixed. That bug used to crash the compiler. Here is a list of the bugs
you can close.
PR/1820 (GToolKit.m:2213: Internal error: Segmentation fault):
I compiled and tried examples of GToolKit 0.9.4 with gcc 3.0
and everything works.
CLOSE PR/1820.
PR/2438 (Internal compiler error when compiling Objective C code)
I tried compiling the attached code, and I get no compiler crash.
CLOSE PR/2438.
PR/1059 (Objective C that worked in gcc-2.95 crashes compiler)
I tried compiling the attached code, and I get no compiler crash.
CLOSE PR/1059.
PR/2287 (Internal error while building GNUstep with GCC snapshot 5 march
2001)
You can close this as soon as you have reverted the wrong patch
to libobjc of 25 May 2001 - see
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2001-06/msg00149.html
(which includes a testcase demonstrating why the patch is wrong)
the patch to revert is the patch of 2001-05-25 in gcc/libobjc,
* init.c (__objc_send_message_in_list): When setting a new entry
in __objc_load_methods use the method name as key, not the method
IMP
I can confirm that - after reverting this patch - you can compile
and run GNUstep with GCC 3.0, so you can close PR/2287.
(I hope the patch can be fixed and readded in GCC 3.1, as it was
addressing an existing minor problem with +load.)
As far as I know, after this the Objective-C compiler seems ready for the
release. :-)
Thanks and congratulations.
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list