specific.html: Links within don't work
Gerald Pfeifer
pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jul 4 14:25:00 GMT 2001
On 4 Jul 2001, Tom Tromey wrote:
>> This happened because makeinfo on gcc.gnu.org was way too
>> old. As I had planned originally, I now fixed the problem by
>> making /usr/bin/makeinfo a symlink to
>> /usr/local/bin/makeinfo-4.0 and everything seems to be fine again.
> I think we should try to keep using RPM as much as possible.
> So instead of this symlink, how about modifying whatever script
> generates the html to set PATH so it finds the new makeinfo first?
I considered this, but as the script is CVS-controlled and should "just
work" out-of-the-box, so I didn't want to encode host-specific paths or
program names (like makeinfo-4.0) there.
As Jason M. approved the symlink, I thought this was okay...
> Or we could upgrade the texinfo RPM if a new one is available.
...but upgrading the texinfo RPM definitely should be fine as well (and
actually better, yes).
Gerald
--
Gerald "Jerry" pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list