64-bit ugliness in new-regalloc.c
Brad Lucier
lucier@math.purdue.edu
Sun Jan 28 14:53:00 GMT 2001
You find the following messages when building the new register allocator
branch on alphaev6-unknown-linux-gnu:
../../gcc/new-regalloc.c: In function `hset_hash':
../../gcc/new-regalloc.c:261: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
../../gcc/new-regalloc.c: In function `hset_print_intset_1':
../../gcc/new-regalloc.c:433: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
These seem to be harmless here, but I notice them since they often
indicate real bugs in code.
And, the whole bootstrap fails with:
./xgcc -B./ -B/export/u10/egcs-test/alphaev6-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/ -isystem /export/u10/egcs-test/alphaev6-unknown-linux-gnu/include -O2 -save-temps -DIN_GCC -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -isystem ./include -fPIC -mieee -g1 -DIN_LIBGCC2 -D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED -I. -I. -I../../gcc -I../../gcc/. -I../../gcc/config -I../../gcc/../include -DL_fixunsdfsi -c ../../gcc/libgcc2.c -o libgcc/./_fixunsdfsi.o
../../gcc/libgcc2.c: In function `__fixunsdfdi':
../../gcc/libgcc2.c:1173: Internal compiler error in eliminate_regs_in_insn, at reload1.c:2923
Please submit a full bug report, with preprocessed source
if appropriate. See <URL: http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html > for instructions.
It would also be nice of patches to this branch were accompanied by appropriate
postings to the gcc-patches mail list.
Brad Lucier
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list