Bootstrap failure 2.95.3-test2 for i686-pc-linux-gnu

John Wolfe jlw@sco.com
Fri Jan 19 08:24:00 GMT 2001


Andrew Pavenis worte on  Fri Jan 19 03:12:57 2001

> 
> I saw this in last 2 months when tried to build current CVS version
> of gcc-2.95 branch (targets i[56]86-pc-linux-gnu and i586-pc-msdosdjgpp). I 
> used simply 'cvs update ...' but not the script contrib/egcs_update (why it's 
> still named so, but not as gcc_update as in HEAD branch?).
> 
> I think it shouldn't matter if I have all needed tools. The same approach
> (simply 'cvs update ...' and after that configuring and 'make bootstrap') 
> works OK for head branch. 
> 
> So I guess something is broken with gcc-2.95 branch. 
> 
> As far as I tested gcc-2.95.3-test[12].tar.gz was OK
> 

Thanks for the help.  I did extract the gcc-2.95.3-test2 with a CVS checkout.

I will do a "cvs update" and rebuild.

John Wolfe                      SCO, Inc.               jlw@sco.com


More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list