new-regalloc performance
Daniel Berlin
dberlin@redhat.com
Thu Feb 1 14:26:00 GMT 2001
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Richard Henderson wrote:
> You'll want to examine gcc.c-torture/compile/20001226-1.c.
>
> I'd fixed the previous big memory consumers for this test,
> but on the branch we're back to eating 470M of memory.
No surprise here, i missed a few memory leaks.
I'm on it.
>
> Moreover, (alpha) profile data shows
>
> global alloc : 192.79 (69%) usr 1.19 (34%) sys 194.04 (68%) wall
> TOTAL : 280.18 3.46 283.75
>
> % cumulative self self total
> time seconds seconds calls ms/call ms/call name
> 67.49 161.15 161.15 2421348 0.07 0.07 varray_contains
> 6.60 176.91 15.76 3 5254.88 5281.60 compute_hash_table
> 4.68 188.09 11.18 13 859.83 874.58 verify_flow_info
>
> It looks like things could be fixed by using a regset
> instead of, or in addition to, a varray.
I added an sbitmap that mirrors the nodes on the selectStack, so we don't
have to look at it at all, just test a single bit (we would walk the
entire stack before until we found it).
I still have a large amount of tuning to do in the new allocator.
> >
> r~
>
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list