libstdc++, unable to detect exception model
Stephen L Moshier
moshier@mediaone.net
Thu Dec 20 20:40:00 GMT 2001
> I'm saying you should follow the advice in that paragraph, and point
> CONFIG_SHELL to /bin/ksh before configuring/bootstrapping. The /bin/sh
> under Solaris is non-POSIX and has some serious quirks that Sun will not fix
> (for the unfortunate but understandable reason of backwards compatability).
If your program does not build out of the box on a major supported
computer, you will get buried in hate mail. GNU programs have been
building out of the box on Sun worstations at least since SunOS 4.0.3.
If you refuse to work around whatever system bug this is, then you
should fix the configure script to set whatever setting it is that
will work around the problem. You cannot expect the user to do it.
Also I still don't know what "paragraph" you are talking about.
Are you referring to some instruction manual?
I don't read the instructions!
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list