c++/3972: ICE compiling Mozilla's nsFontMetricsGTK.cpp

John Tobey jtobey@john-edwin-tobey.org
Sun Aug 12 10:32:00 GMT 2001


On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 04:54:29PM -0000, rodrigc@gcc.gnu.org wrote:
> Synopsis: ICE compiling Mozilla's nsFontMetricsGTK.cpp
> 
> State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
> State-Changed-By: rodrigc
> State-Changed-When: Sun Aug 12 09:54:28 2001
> State-Changed-Why:
>     Can you try again with a newer snapshot?
>     I was able to compile your testcase with 20010811 (experimental)

Same problem.  I ran `cvs update -d -P' and `make -C gcc cc1plus'.  I
tested with the following command:

gcc/cc1plus -Wall -Wconversion -Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-align -Woverloaded-virtual -Wsynth -Wno-long-long -D_GNU_SOURCE -Acpu=i386 -Amachine=i386 -quiet -dumpbase nsFontMetricsGTK.cpp -g -Wall -Wconversion -Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-align -Woverloaded-virtual -Wsynth -Wno-long-long -version -fPIC -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions < ../../mozilla/bug/nsFontMetricsGTK.ii -o tmp.s

The error message looks the same, but the line number in c-semantics.c
has changed as a result of the cvs update and recompilation:

nsFontMetricsGTK.cpp: In function `void GetFontNames(const char*, 
   nsFontNodeArray*)':
nsFontMetricsGTK.cpp:3198: Internal compiler error in genrtl_compound_stmt, at 
   c-semantics.c:680

> http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=3972&database=gcc

Is this site publicly accessible?  It wants a login.

Thanks.
-John



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list