Installation error of GCC 3.0 in cygnus 1.3.2 on a P3 NT machine

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Sat Aug 4 20:47:00 GMT 2001


On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 10:11:00AM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>On Aug  4, 2001, "Wooyoung Kim" <woo_young@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> However, I got into some difficulty when I tried to install GCC
>> 3.0. First, I used the "e:/..." notation to specify the prefix and
>> local prefix (e.g., e:/GCC) GCC make script was not happy about it and
>> complaint that it cannot create directories. So, I changed them to
>> "//e/GCC" and worked.
>> The second problem that I had is for some reason the directory of
>> //e/GCC/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.0 was not properly created.
>
>The recommended syntax to specify drives on recent releases of Cygwin
>is /cygdrive/<letter>.  I suppose this would have worked.

It should have worked, yes.

//<letter> is going away in the next release so /cygdrive/<letter>
will soon be all that we have.

cgf



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list