(branch) Bootstrap on ia64 fails in libstdc++

Andreas Jaeger aj@suse.de
Mon Apr 23 03:33:00 GMT 2001


A bootstrap of the current release branch fails on ia64 with:

/usr/src/packages/BUILD/gcc/obj/gcc/xgcc -B/usr/src/packages/BUILD/gcc/obj/gcc/ -nostdinc++ -L/usr/src/packages/BUILD/gcc/obj/ia64-suse-linux/libstdc++-v3/src -L/usr/src/packages/BUILD/gcc/obj/ia64-suse-linux/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs -B/usr/ia64-suse-linux/bin/ -B/usr/ia64-suse-linux/lib/ -isystem /usr/ia64-suse-linux/include -nostdinc++ -I../../../../libstdc++-v3/include -I../../../../libstdc++-v3/include/std -I../../../../libstdc++-v3/include/c_std -I../include -I../../../../libstdc++-v3/libsupc++ -I../libio -I../../../../libstdc++-v3/libio -I../../../../libstdc++-v3/libmath -O2 -fvtable-thunks -D_GNU_SOURCE -fno-implicit-templates -Wall -Wno-format -W -Wwrite-strings -Winline -fdiagnostics-show-location=once -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -g -c ../../../../libstdc++-v3/src/string-inst.cc  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/string-inst.o
../../../../libstdc++-v3/include/bits/basic_string.tcc: In copy constructor 
   `std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>::basic_string(const 
   std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>&) [with _CharT = char, _Traits = 
   std::char_traits<char>, _Alloc = std::allocator<char>]':
../../../../libstdc++-v3/include/bits/basic_string.tcc:187:   instantiated from `std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>::basic_string(const std::basic_string<_CharT, _Traits, _Alloc>&) [with _CharT = char, _Traits = std::char_traits<char>, _Alloc = std::allocator<char>]'
../../../../libstdc++-v3/src/string-inst.cc:48:   instantiated from here
../../../../libstdc++-v3/include/bits/basic_string.tcc:187: Internal compiler 
   error in add_abstract_origin_attribute, at dwarf2out.c:9247
Please submit a full bug report, with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <URL: http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html > for instructions.
make[4]: *** [string-inst.lo] Error 1

I can send preprocessed source or test a patch.

Removing -g fixes this problem,
Andreas
-- 
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de
   private aj@arthur.inka.de
    http://www.suse.de/~aj



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list