[PATCH] _IO_USER_LOCK and libstdc++-v3

Franz Sirl Franz.Sirl-kernel@lauterbach.com
Wed Oct 4 11:23:00 GMT 2000


On Wed, 04 Oct 2000, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> According to Benjamin Kosnik:
> > Chip I'm unable to reproduce your bootstrap failure.  I'm able to
> > bootstrap with libstdc++-v3.  Can you please give me more information
> > WRT your host and the problem you are seeing?
>
> That'll take a bit of time, as I'm moving.  When I'm done moving
> I'll try to get you more details.
>
> > thanks,
>
> Thanks also for the effort.

This was already fixed for the old libstdc++ and is related to changes in 
glibc-2.1.9x libio implementation. I checked in a patch OK'ed by Uli Drepper 
a few days ago.
But I didn't notice libstdc++-v3 has all this libio stuff duplicated (why?). 
In particular Uli pointed out the #include "libio.h" is the wrong thing to 
do, GCC should always use #include <libio.h> to pull in the current system 
header for systems with libio.h like glibc based ones. I don't know if this 
holds true for v3 as well.

Franz.


More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list