Stack Alignment Bug

David Ronis ronis@ronispc.chem.mcgill.ca
Fri Nov 10 11:44:00 GMT 2000


Richard Henderson writes:
 > On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 12:26:56PM -0500, David Ronis wrote:
 > > int main(void)
 > > {
 > >   double s;
 > >   if((((unsigned long) &s) & 0x7L)) {
 > >           printf("main (%u)\n",((unsigned long)&s)&0x7L);
 > >   }
 > >   return 0;
 > > }
 > 
 > This assumes that crt0.o correctly aligned the stack to begin
 > with.  We do not create alignment, merely preserve it.
 > 
 > > I compile on an i686-linux-gnu(2.1.3) box ...
 > 
 > With a glibc 2.2 system, this is done correctly.  It appears
 > that you'll have to upgrade or make local modifications.
 > 
 > 
 > r~ 

I've just finished installing glibc 2.2 (built with gcc-2.95.2 using
the default flags and with --prefix=/usr --enable-add-ons=linuxthreads)

The problem doesn't go away.  Am I missign something?  For example, do
I have to rebuild gcc?

David


P.S., the build failed with this week's gcc-ss.


More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list