x86 --enable-checking bootstrap failure
Marek Michalkiewicz
marekm@t19.ds.pwr.wroc.pl
Mon May 15 06:53:00 GMT 2000
Trying to bootstrap CVS gcc on i686-pc-linux-gnu configured
with --enable-checking gives me this error:
./xgcc -B/usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ -B./ -isystem /usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnu/include -O2 -DIN_GCC -g -W -Wall -Wno-long-long -Wwrite-strings -isystem ./include -fPIC -g1 -DIN_LIBGCC2 -D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED -I. -I../../../egcs/gcc -I../../../egcs/gcc/config -I../../../egcs/gcc/../include -DL_bb -c ../../../egcs/gcc/libgcc2.c -o libgcc/./_bb.o
../../../egcs/gcc/libgcc2.c: In function `__bb_exit_trace_func':
../../../egcs/gcc/libgcc2.c:2030: RTL check: access of elt 5 of `note' with last elt 4
../../../egcs/gcc/libgcc2.c:2030: Internal compiler error in `final_scan_insn', at final.c:2248
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL: http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html > for instructions.
make[3]: *** [libgcc/./_bb.o] Error 1
I started getting this a few days ago. Is this a known problem?
The source file it crashes on is part of gcc itself so I guess I don't
have to send the preprocessed one with the bug report, but I can do it
if necessary, of course.
(I think it might be a good idea to have --enable-checking by default
in experimental versions. It makes the compiler larger and slower, so
it should still be disabled by default for the stable releases.)
Thanks,
Marek
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list