gcc-2.95.2 on SunOS5.6/Solaris 2.6: Internal compiler error in `change_address'

Moritz Barsnick barsnick@gmx.net
Tue May 9 01:19:00 GMT 2000


Hi, dear gcc developers.

I am compiling a program called gseq ( http://members.xoom.com/gseq/ )
on Solaris 2.6 (SunOS 5.6) with gcc-2.95.2:

(lines wrapped for readablility)

--snip--
[...]
Making all in events
make[3]: Entering directory `/tmp/uk/gseq-0.3.3/src/events'
c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../../include \
  -DLOCALDIR=\"/opt/proj/WDM/tools/share/gseq/\" \
  -I/opt/proj/WDM/tools/include -I/usr/local/include \
  -DNEED_GNOMESUPPORT_H -I/usr/local/lib/gnome-libs/include \
  -I/usr/local/lib/glib/include -I/usr/openwin/include \
  -D_REENTRANT -g -O2 -c event.cc
event.cc: In method `void ClassChangeTempoEvent::Tempo(long unsigned int)':
event.cc:341: Internal compiler error in `change_address', at emit-rtl.c:1604
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL: http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/faq.html#bugreport > for instructions.
make[3]: *** [event.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory /tmp/uk/gseq-0.3.3/src/events'
[...]
--snip--

This is a beta version of gseq, it happens in the stable version
0.2.0 as well.

Here's the bug report according to instructions:

> The GCC version

eedmoba@sun18:/tmp/uk/gseq-0.3.3 > gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/2.95.2/specs
gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)
eedmoba@sun18:/tmp/uk/gseq-0.3.3 > c++ -v
Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/2.95.2/specs
gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)

> The system type
eedmoba@sun18:/tmp/uk/gseq-0.3.3 > uname -a
SunOS sun18 5.6 Generic_105181-15 sun4u sparc

> All options you passed to the compiler

See above. It works if I leave away the optimization (-O2 or -O)!

> Preprocessed output of the source file that caused the compiler
> error, even if the source code can be downloaded from elsewhere
[...]
> gcc -v --save-temps all-your-options your-file.c

Attached as "event.ii.bz2", call and results attached as "gcc.cmdline".

I once again add the note that, as stated above, removing the
optimization "-O..." convinces gcc/c++ not to abort with an error.

Greetings from Germany,
Moritz.   :-)
event.ii.bz2
eedmoba@sun18:/tmp/uk/gseq-0.3.3 > (cd src/events/ && c++ -v --save-temps -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../../include -DLOCALDIR=\"/opt/proj/WDM/tools/share/gseq/\" -I/opt/proj/WDM/tools/include -I/usr/local/include -DNEED_GNOMESUPPORT_H -I/usr/local/lib/gnome-libs/include -I/usr/local/lib/glib/include -I/usr/openwin/include  -D_REENTRANT  -g -O2 -c event.cc)
Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/2.95.2/specs
gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)
 /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/2.95.2/cpp -lang-c++ -v -I../../include -I/opt/proj/WDM/tools/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/lib/gnome-libs/include -I/usr/local/lib/glib/include -I/usr/openwin/include -D__GNUC__=2 -D__GNUG__=2 -D__GNUC_MINOR__=95 -D__cplusplus -Dsparc -Dsun -Dunix -D__svr4__ -D__SVR4 -D__sparc__ -D__sun__ -D__unix__ -D__svr4__ -D__SVR4 -D__sparc -D__sun -D__unix -Asystem(unix) -Asystem(svr4) -D__EXCEPTIONS -D__OPTIMIZE__ -g -D__GCC_NEW_VARARGS__ -Acpu(sparc) -Amachine(sparc) -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DLOCALDIR="/opt/proj/WDM/tools/share/gseq/" -DNEED_GNOMESUPPORT_H -D_REENTRANT event.cc event.ii
GNU CPP version 2.95.2 19991024 (release) (sparc)
#include "..." search starts here:
#include <...> search starts here:
 ../../include
 /opt/proj/WDM/tools/include
 /usr/local/include
 /usr/local/lib/gnome-libs/include
 /usr/local/lib/glib/include
 /usr/openwin/include
 /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/2.95.2/../../../../include/g++-3
 /usr/local/include
 /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/2.95.2/../../../../sparc-sun-solaris2.6/include
 /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/2.95.2/include
 /usr/include
End of search list.
The following default directories have been omitted from the search path:
End of omitted list.
 /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/2.95.2/cc1plus event.ii -quiet -dumpbase event.cc -g -O2 -version -o event.s
GNU C++ version 2.95.2 19991024 (release) (sparc-sun-solaris2.6) compiled by GNU C version 2.95.2 19991024 (release).
event.cc: In method `void ClassChangeTempoEvent::Tempo(long unsigned int)':
event.cc:341: Internal compiler error in `change_address', at emit-rtl.c:1604
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL: http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/faq.html#bugreport > for instructions.

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: event.ii.bz2
Type: application/x-bzip2
Size: 17784 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-bugs/attachments/20000509/cf12f6a3/attachment.bz2>


More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list