Floating exceptions in G77 on WIN95

Mumit Khan khan@NanoTech.Wisc.EDU
Wed Mar 29 22:28:00 GMT 2000


actprime <ian@actprime.idps.co.uk> writes:
> 
> I am using  :-
> 
> g77 version 2.95.2 19991024 (release) (from FSF-g77 version 0.5.25
> 19991024 (rel
> ease))
> Driving: C:\GCC-29~1.2\BIN\G77.EXE -v -c -xf77-version /dev/null -xnone
> G77.EXE: /dev/null: No such file or directory
> Reading specs from
> C:\GCC-29~1.2\BIN\..\lib\gcc-lib\i386-mingw32\2.95.2\specs
> gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)
> 
> Microsoft Windows 95  4.00.950 C  IE 5 5.00.2314.1003
> 
> Fortran options :-
> g77  -fexceptions -fhandle-exceptions -fugly-init -mno-align-double -c
> -g -w -fvxt -fno-automatic
> 
> I am putting together a fairly large engineering program but I keep on
> encountering  Floating Point exceptions which result in print-outs
> similar to this:-

[ ... ]
> 
> 
> I have read the documentation from g77_20.htm   viz :--
> 
> " Floating-point Exception Handling

Thanks for bringing up this issue which I've somehow managed to ignore
for a long time.  The example in the g77 manual is targeted for linux-gnu, 
and not as such applicable to Windows runtime. 

I'm going to write up the equivalent functions for Win32 API and post
that to the Mingw mailing list hopefully this weekend. The vendor (MS)
web site has more info on the solution if you search under 'floating 
point'.

Regards,
Mumit

ps: please configure your mail client to leave out the (completely
unnecessary) HTML gunk that gets in your email.



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list