Linux/PPC gcc 2.95.2 - bad access generated when using inline func

Franz Sirl Franz.Sirl-kernel@lauterbach.com
Fri Jun 30 05:30:00 GMT 2000


At 14:20 30.06.00, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> >
> > Actually, __builtin_return_address (0) should not give the link
> > register, because sometimes the link register holds something else,
> > like the return address of something called by this function.
> >
> > My suspicion is that the right thing to do is force all functions that
> > call __builtin_return_address to have a stack frame...  I will think
> > about it.
>
>The alpha and ARM ports (and I think one other, though I forget which)
>have exactly the same issue.  Take a look at how they handle this.

I'm currently testing a patch for the mainline doing exactly this :-). It 
works quite well, I just have to find out why it breaks the C++ EH stuff now.

Franz.



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list