Latest CVS doesn't build when `configure --disable-nls'

Martin Buchholz martin@xemacs.org
Mon Jun 26 02:12:00 GMT 2000


>>>>> "P" == Philipp Thomas <pthomas@suse.de> writes:

P> * Martin Buchholz (martin@xemacs.org) [20000625 10:35]:
>> One should be able to build gcc on a platform without gettext
>> installed, if one uses the `--disable-nls' configure flag.

P> Yes, one should.
 
>> cppmain.o intl.o libcpp.a obstack.o ../libiberty/libiberty.a

>> /usr/ccs/bin/ld:
>> Unresolved:
>> bindtextdomain
>> textdomain
>> _nl_msg_cat_cntr
>> dcgettext__
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

>> (martin@tru64) ~cdx/import/gcc/work/build $ uname -a
>> OSF1 tru64.m17n.org V4.0 1091 alpha

P> Strange indeed. If ENABLE_NLS isn't defined, intl.h defines stubs for the
P> NLS functions so you shouldn't get unresolved externals. Could you please
P> check which of the objects/libs these unresolved symbols come from? And
P> please also check that ENABLE_NLS isn't defined in auto-host.h.

I did a `cvs update' today, ran the build command exactly the same
way, and now it builds perfectly.  So perhaps the bug has been fixed,
or my previous `cvs update' caught the middle of someone else's
commit?  I don't know.

I retract my bug report.  Consider it closed.

Martin


More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list