Cross compile - cygwin to VxWorks
Kevin.Hughes@icl.com
Kevin.Hughes@icl.com
Fri Jun 9 08:03:00 GMT 2000
I have tried to build a cross compiler using snapshot 20000605 hosted on
cygwin and targeted to vxWorks. I get a compilation error for file
intl/localealias.c using memcpy (lines 337/342).
The problem is that the result from memcpy is assigned to a variable but
memcpy has been #DEFINED to bcopy which does not have a result. This is due
to HAVE_STRING_H not being defined and then line 61
#include <strings.h>
# ifndef memcpy
# define memcpy(Dst, Src, Num) bcopy (Src, Dst, Num)
# endif
I worked around the problem by removing these lines and then casting the
result from the memcpy to a char*
I have previously managed to build a cross compiler using snapshots prior to
20000403.
I will try and determine why HAVE_STRING_H is not defined
Kevin
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list