nls patches - need help with make machinery
Martin v. Loewis
martin@loewis.home.cs.tu-berlin.de
Mon Jun 5 10:17:00 GMT 2000
> Does --disable-nls stop the building of libintl or just the use of
> it?
Yes, it does. I'm not so sure that after moving it to the top it still
would, at least not out-of-the-box: Cygnus configure does not support
many --disable options.
> Further, I am quite sceptical that libintl will build as is with an
> old K&R compiler.
Can you point to a specific problem? It may be possible to solve
it... To work-around any K&R problems (if there are any), I'd rather
recommend not building libintl in stage 1 - although I'm pretty sure
that this code builds on K&R compilers just fine; it is used in *many*
GNU package, some of which certainly have been compiled by K&R
compilers over the years.
Regards,
Martin
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list