A bug, C++ on IA-64 (linux)

Jim Wilson wilson@cygnus.com
Fri Jun 2 14:10:00 GMT 2000


>	>c++ -O -I../include -I../include -I./float/dfloat -I./float -I./base -
>I./float/dfloat/elem -I./integer -I./base/digitseq -I./base/digit
>	-Ibase -c ./float/dfloat/misc/cl_DF_idecode.cc -o cl_DF_idecode.o

This works with a recent snapsnot, so it appears that the bug is already
fixed.

>P.S. What's the story with GCC and IA-64 optimizations? Any future plans?

Yes, optimizations are being worked on, and will be made available when they
are ready.  A new if-conversion pass that generates predicated instructions
went into the development sources recently.  Instruction scheduling is being
worked on, and is probably the most important optimization we are missing
at the moment.  It should be available within a month or so.  We are also
doing work on other things like software pipelining, dependence analysis, and
speculative instruction support, but these things are farther away from
completion.

Jim


More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list