cpp -Wtraditional doesn't see left justified #error in unchosen path

Zack Weinberg zack@wolery.cumb.org
Tue Jul 25 09:50:00 GMT 2000


On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 08:22:22AM -0400, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
>  > From: Zack Weinberg <zack@wolery.cumb.org>
>  > 
>  > Oops.  The checks were being done in the wrong order.  Here is a
>  > completely untested patch, which I will be testing along with some
>  > unrelated changes later tonight.
>  > 
>  > If you would write and check in a test case for this behavior, I'd
>  > appreciate it.
>  > 
>  > zw
> 
> Thanks!
> 
> I wrote the testcase below by copying and extending tr-warn1.c.  It
> seemed pretty clear from the patch that you intended to continue
> hiding pedantic warnings inside unused clauses, but just please
> confirm that.

Yes, that is intended.  Extended directives are properly used inside
conditional blocks - it would be obnoxious if they elicited a warning
even when they were not "seen".

zw


More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list