fixincl.x: Undeclared identifier SIZE_TYPE.
Geoff Keating
geoffk@cygnus.com
Fri Jul 21 11:22:00 GMT 2000
Bruce Korb <bkorb@sco.COM> writes:
> "Kaveh R. Ghazi" wrote:
> >
> > Bruce,
> >
> > When I bootstrap gcc on powerpc-ibm-aix4.1.4.0 I get the
> > following in stage1:
> >
> > > "../../../egcs-CVS20000721/gcc/fixinc/fixincl.x", line 5810.24:
> > > 1506-045 (S) Undeclared identifier SIZE_TYPE.
> > > make[3]: *** [fixincl.o] Error 1
> >
> > I believe it was broken by this patch:
> >
> > > 2000-07-20 Bruce Korb <bkorb@gnu.org>
> >
> > Can you offer any assistance?
>
> Well, as I read the source, this entry in fixlib.h:
>
> #include "tm.h"
>
> sould read the generated file 'tm.h' which will #include the
> file that should define SIZE_TYPE. So, your breakage is
> curious to me. However, since reading more
SIZE_TYPE defaults to 'unsigned long' if it is not defined. The
rs6000 port finds this definition acceptable. The fixincludes files
don't seem to do the defaulting, so SIZE_TYPE is still not defined.
--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@cygnus.com>
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list